Thursday, October 21, 2010

Taking a stroll back in time

For my first post I was thinking that a look back at a few of the cakes I've made over the years would be fun! I am by no means a professional but this is something I find really fun and relaxing! So here we go!!


This was Luke's 2 birthday cake. Since his birthday is in June we had a picnic theme with all sorts of bugs!

This was my husbands birthday cake last April. One of his favorite comedians does a bit about a "dork fish" so it fit perfectly!



This was the batter for my niece's first birthday. soon to be a lady bug!


Black fondant base


Working on the details.. -Food grade edible silver glaze


From the top


All finished!


Our 4th Anniversary Cake. 
I used plain white fondant then hand painted the rest with watered-down piping gel. The little birds are made out of fondant as well. 


just a few flowers...

Hope that has given you a few ideas to use on your next cake! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...