Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Busy little bees

Work Work Work.....
Oh what all have we been up to!
Our "temporary house until we can find a bigger one" has turned into a home. After three years of living here I'm pretty well settled! We finally put the go ahead to start making it ours this past January. We started with the living room. Painted the paneling (which to most is a huge "no no") but I couldn't help myself. I was living in a world of brown. From the walls to the carpet- our couches are even a dark leather. Needless to say it was way to much. So the first color I picked was a light blue- one of my favorites. Turns out its not such a great wall color! Once on the wall it turned our living room into a nursery! So now WE are sorting through swatches and chips and have moved on to the kitchen. The old cabinets are now an antique black, and we painted the walls a mid grey. Really gave the kitchen have a "country" feel.





Before

After


Above the fridge


Evan knocked out an old key cabinet and built me a new pantry. You can now pull out the shelves too! 

 hand painted my canisters. Just Love polka dots!




My Inspiration for our kitchen 
  
  

The panels I made.... no need for a large window covering when you have a beautiful view!

New faucet and white scroll detail Evan added- so pretty!
We put up an antique light and now are moving our way to the counter tops and back splash. We know for sure we want a tin look but we still can not decide between real or faux. I found some real tin panels at Coyote candle in Lubbock Texas but Evan wasn't totally sold so we just bought one and brought it home. Good thing he spoke up too. Found the raised punches to be a bit to much but it will some make for some great art work in the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...