Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Cookies

Ever since Alex, Luke and I made some salt dough ornaments , Alex has been begging me to make some cookies!  I asked Alex what all he would like in them.. He told me chocolate! I asked him what color he would like them to be and he told me Green!- his current favorite color. 
So I started thinking of what I could put in a cookie that was green but not to weird.. I finally came up with Mint! We used mint M&M's but I'm sure you could also use Andes Mints. Once baked they even looked rather festive! So we are now calling them Grinch Cookies.

 Here's our new recipe:
"Grinch cookies"
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup crushed Mint M&Ms or Andes Mints
Mix wet.. Mix dry... Mix all together! Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Makes about 15 cookies depending on how many get eaten before they are baked! 
They really are grinchy too! They grow and grow in the oven!

We also made some..... 
Peanut butter Cookies: (just for daddy!)
½ cup butter
½ cup peanut butter
½ sugar
¼ cup honey (We use honey in place of brown sugar)
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
1 cup Chocolate chips - optional
Same as before.. mix them all together. 
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes
Makes around 35 cookies
My helpers!
 Some had chocolate chips
All finished and plated!
 Now lets just see how long they last!
Don't forget to make some for Santa too!!
Christine, Alex and Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...