Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dear Regina,

My grandma is one of the bravest, strongest, and most naturally beautiful women I have ever met and she makes me so proud to announce that she is my grandma. She fought Cancer and WON nearly 10 years ago. She has the biggest heart I've ever seen. I promise she would be willing to give you everything and anything in her possession to help out. And with that huge heart she is now fighting congestive heart failure. Something her mother fought when she was nearly the exact same age. She has persevered through so much and kept her faith close and her family closer. She taught me so much growing up. She never yelled or spanked, but you always knew when you had messed up. Her eyes could cut right through you and from there the guilt would have you pleading on your knees. That and maybe the fact that your granny is upset with you is weighing on your mind... 
She was so much fun. She loved to take her grand kids shopping. The fact that were 6 girls to 3 boys at the time may have had something to do with that! We would always play games especially cards or dominoes. We would also go work outside in the flower beds and garden. She had some of the most beautiful roses every year. Her thumb must have been green on the inside! 
She once devoted an entire wall in their home for the grand kids to paint and put their hand prints. We all were thinking papa isn't going to like this! but now it is really is one of my favorite memories. In fact I now love to paint and I drive my own husband bonkers painting all the time! 

Christmas, her favorite holiday. The music would start before thanksgiving was even over and out would come the decorations.  Every closet in her home is stuffed with Christmas decorations. Little houses and churches and all the snow and people that go with them. Ornaments of all kinds for the tree, wreaths and lights, Wrapping paper and bows for all the many presents she loves to give away. That huge heart was always giving to others. Always trying to help. I hope I will someday be at least half as wonderful of a women as she is. I love you Grandma.
Sincerely your "bubbly" granddaughter, Christine

Grandma and Papa just celebrated their anniversary on the 11th. 

This was taken May-2010
Gina, Luke and myself
This is my Grandma's cousin Janice on the left and Regina on the right

Wife to the most awesome Papa there is- Don Hooten

Mother to 5: Kathy, LaDonna, Debbie, Becky, and Steve 

Grand mother to 12:
 Tori, Jeremy, Micheal, Josh, Christine, Brandy, Julie, Sasha, Kara, Raeann, Laura, Dilan

Great Grandmother to 6:
Braden, Alex, Landon, Luke, Alexia, Lysabeth 

Gina was placed in hospice last night (November 30th) on her birthday. 
Please send prayers and thoughts for her and all our family and friends. They will be greatly appreciated

1 comment:

  1. What a precious tribute to your "Granny"--"Gina"!! She loved all her family very much and was very proud of all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...