Monday, November 8, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Its the first of November and the turkeys are coming out of the wood work! I love going to our  friends and families homes to see all the decorations they have up! From the bright colored wreaths to the pumpkins and dried corn strewn about, I love it all!
When I was writing down ideas for a new post an old craft my grandma once showed us popped into my mind- Pine cone garland! It is easy to do with the kids yet is still elegant enough to be displayed.

Materials:
  • Small bendable craft wire
  • Paint- optional
  • Pine cones
  • Ribbons

If you are using pine cones from outside in your yard then you may want to heat them up in the oven to kill any spiders or bugs that may be taking up residence! I usually bake ours at 450 for 45 minutes. It will give your home a very woodsy smell! Almost like Christmas! :D
Paint the tips if desired- any color. The white to me looked like snow

 Cut your twine or ribbon to desired length. Wrap wire around the pine cone going under the leaves right up next to the center. Then attach cone to ribbon using the wire. 
Easy right! If you double your ribbon or twine it makes it very easy to hang. In this case I just set it across the top. *Ignore the dust please!* :D
Alex's turkey! he later added some googlie eyes. The feathers were placed on a small card stock circle then hot glued down. This needs to set for a few minutes on its back before you set it up or add any extra decoration.

One more thing....
This idea came from


So very different than a wreath!
I used twine to keep with the theme I have going but the original is hot glued with ribbons

Hope you all have a wonderful week, With love from the Reeds!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...