Monday, November 15, 2010

Oh to be little!

A friend of my just found out that she is having a little girl and so I began thinking of a unique baby shower gift. Something useful but not just another pack of bottles... ya know... so
what does every little girl want to be... a ballerina! Or at least I sure did growing up! I started looking up outfits for babies and came across http://www.teacupsandmudpies.com/category_143/Tutu-Dresses.htm
I just fell in love! I thought to myself  "It cant be all that hard to make"... well turns out its not! Its not quite the same because I made just the skirt but once I have some more time I will crochet the top and maybe a bow?!

White Tulle, Pink Ribbon and Lace!
Since this one was going to be for an infant, I cut the tulle and ribbon into 20 inch by 4inch strips so that it would be 10 inches long once finished.

Wrapped a 1/2 ribbon around a large pitcher and began adding tulle.
Slipknot each piece on and after every fourth piece of tulle add a ribbon or lace
(Tulle 4, Pink 1, Tulle 4, Lace 1, Tulle 4 etc)
 Tie up your bows and your all done!
I cant wait to see it on her one day!

With love, Christine



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...