Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Never Say Never

You know that saying "Never say Never"? Well it has come around to show me just how true it is.  There are two things I always said I'd "never" do. 

The first was painting a wall in our home a really bright color. The thought scared me about how bold it might be. Let me interject that my husband and I have a really hard time agreeing on color. I would say green he would say BLAH, I would say blue he would say nursery! The only color he wanted was red. I was so reluctant to buy it that when I was in the store I asked different sales people what they thought! Well after losing the vote 8 yes to 2 no I ended up buying a gallon of "Wild Rose". Three coats later and I think I like it! I know this sounds funny but it looks bright and warm at the same time! With it being on just one wall it really gave our tiny living room that pop that everyone talks about. Now just to put the living room back together! 


My second has to deal with salesmen.. I really don't mind when your in a store and someone tries to sell you something, after all that is their job but it's when they come to your home and bother your children's nap that I start to get my feathers ruffled. (Yes I love Schwans and that's different. I schedule for that! My Schwans lady has her timing down so perfect I never have to worry about the boys)
This morning we all had an apt with the dentist at 8 so we had an early start. Once we got home we had lunch and soon after I put the boys down for their nap. 30 minutes later a young guy Probably late 20's is knocking at my door offering me a "free" pack of Lysol wipes. I asked "whats the catch are they poisoned?!" He runs off laughing and returns with his foreign friend who starts telling me all about this wonderful vacuum. He ask me to bring out mine and begins to vacuum a small portion of the floor. Oh Did I mention that I was in the middle of painting? So my living was all pushed to the front so he had literally 2 ft to work with!  Then he puts mine aside and uses his with the little side dirt catcher. Needless to say to picked up a bunch of sand and hair... all the while I'm thinking yea tell a women how dirty her house is and wake up her kids .. that'll make her want to buy something! The boys come in and he continues on with his demonstration and begins to pour baking soda all over rubbing it in well and giving my boys all sorts of wonderful ideas on how to destroy mommies house. He once again uses the vacuum and shows us how it pulls the soda "all" back up all the while swapping out the little circles and leaving nice little piles. I could see the look on Luke's face just waiting for no one look so he can grab it!  On he went with all the attachments and then he  pulls out a folder with pictures of dust mites to gross you out- as if the dirt and hair weren't enough. Goes on to the sales pitch and I tell him I need to talk to my husband first and he packs up all of his stuff. His partner who has been sitting on the couch this whole time quiet beings to say that they have to get up to Canadian next and starts in on a bunch of Canada jokes about bacon and health care. I just look at him and say yea I've heard that one before but you might not want to mention it to any of them. After laying the boys back down I show them to the door. I walk back into the living room to find those dirty little circles still laying in the floor but all the dirt that was on them... gone.... Wonder who could have done that... ;)   

So I wont say that I will "never" let another salesman in but I shall "try not to" let another vacuum sales person in my home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...